Sous Vide Eggplant with Miso and Honey Sauce
Mar 16,2023 | The Space
This Sous-vide Eggplant with Miso and Honey Sauce is a Neovide exclusive! We've combined the subtle taste of eggplant with the savory umami flavor of miso and the sweet kick of honey, all cooked to perfection with our precise temperature control. Get your Neovide ready, grab some fresh eggplants, and let's start cooking!
Cooking temp: 88°C/ 190.4°F
Cooking time: 60 mins
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PORTIONS
For the eggplant:
2 small eggplants
Salt to taste
For the sauce:
2 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 Garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp rice vinegar
Black sesame seeds
1. Rinse the eggplant under cool running water and pat dry.
2. Peel them and remove the stems.
3. Slice the eggplants into 2 cm rounds or squares.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the miso paste, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, sesame oil, and rice vinegar.
5. Choose the water bath program and cook the eggplants at 88ºC for 60 minutes.
6. After that, remove the eggplants from the Neovide cooker and switch to the mild sear function at 200ºC. Sear them on both sides with a little bit of canola oil until golden brown.
7. Reduce the heat to 180ºC and add the miso mixture to the Neovide cooker. Gently toss the eggplant in the sauce until they're evenly coated.
Serve them and garnish with sesame seeds.
Serving the eggplants along with basmati rice is the best but you can also have them as a light starter.